Thursday 8 March 2012

My Christmas Cake

Now normally for my Christmas Cake I normally like the the old fashioned snow effect cake with lots of little decoration such as snowballs, and trees with presents under, and a little twist of  maybe the odd penguin surfing around it, but this year I thought  I would try something a little different. I had bought during the summer in a sale a flower cutter which also could double up as a poinsettia flower, so I thought I would try it out, and was quite pleased with the result, although I did stray from the normal red that everyone associates with the poinsettia, and decided to go with the blue one that not so many people know instead.

 I still kept the snow effect, but liberally dusted it with sparkle, and popped a few blue sugar dragees into the middle of the flowers. I also added a few light blue rice paper snowflakes I had picked up on my travels, and added a few of those too.
I never know whether to wrap a ribbon around a cake or not, but I thought I would this year, I had some silver sparkle wired ribbon in my ribbon box, so I added that as a final flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment