Monday 31 August 2009

Forgotten photos and birthday cake.

Well, I have been busy baking this month, but, I haven't taken many photos of what I have baked. Forgive me, I am new to this blogging business, and by the time I have remembered my camera, it's too late!
Here is a little list of what I have made though, just to start making your mouth water.
Millionaires Shortbread, Iced Fairy Cakes, Plum Crumble, Apple Pie, A birthday cake (that I do have photo's of), and other stuff that I can't even remember. Ok, OK, I'm really sorry, I will try harder to take more photos, I promise!
Here is the birthday cake I made for my niece. I tried making the shoebox cake again, and although I am getting the hang of the gumpaste shoe, I have real trouble getting the cake straight, and the icing level. Grrr.
I used the Mud Cake, and Ganache recipe from the Planet Cake book, and I have to say, YUM! The cake is rich, dense and moist, and very very moorish, and with the ganache on the top. Well, I could have stuck my face right into it, and been in cake heaven. But, I didn't, although I did inhale, (along with my sister) the cut offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment