Wednesday 23 September 2009

Ladybird Cake



So, this is the Ladybird (or bug) cake that I made for a friends daughters 1st birthday. My friend wanted it pink, so I duly obliged, and liberally sprinkled gorgeous pink glitter with gay abandonment as, a) it makes me very happy, and, b) makes the cake look soooo cute.



I can only give you different shots of the cake, as when I was making it I got so carried away, I completely forgot to take photos of the process. Sorry!



I am very happy to say though, that the cake went down very well, and the recipient would have eaten all of it had she been allowed.



The cake was a very moist and rather gorgeous chocolate all in one. The recipe is very easy to do, and the cake comes out so well, that if left for a day to settle, it can be carved into shape.
I used my new cake decorating tools to help me make the grass, and shape the mouth etc, but as I hadn't used them before I can see I will need to practise.
I love making theme cakes, and really enjoyed doing this one, it took a little time, but was fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment