Tuesday 4 August 2009

Gumpaste Shoe & Shoebox Cake

My friends 40th (shush) birthday is coming up soon, and I am going to make her a shoebox cake, with a bright pink shoe. I made the shoe yesterday following a template I got from here. The tutorial was very easy to follow, and I just decided what how I wanted to decorate it when it was done. This is the first shoe I have ever made, so very pleased with it, and I know it won't be the last. This cake is going to be a little cake, the shoe is only about 7" long, although I know you can make the templates bigger if you want a bigger shoe, but love making small cakes, so I will update this posting as I continue with this project.

Well, the above is the finished article. I have to admit totally rushed the cake and it shows badly. I made, iced and decorated the cake all in about 3.5 hours. In my defence, my husband has taken all week to tile my kitchen, (after work), and I only just managed to clear down the worktops whilst the tiles were setting to be able to do this.
This is my first shoebox cake, and I have learnt many valuable lessons for the future. I plan to make another one of these in a few weeks time, and will be a lot more organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment