Wednesday 7 March 2012

Mother In Law's Boot- Birthday Cake



 My Mother-In-Law had a fantastic cowboy/cowgirl themed party and she had bought some gorgeous cowgirl boots to wear and she sent me a photo of them, as we live about 200 miles away.  I wanted to make her a surprise cake, and thought I would copy her boots. I did want to make them standing up in 3D, but realised the getting them there with the family, and a rather loopy dog, might make this a bit more of a challenge than what I was up for . So I made a white chocolate sponge with white chocolate ganache, only to find at the party she didn't like white chocolate! Oh my gosh, why didn't I ask somebody first? Still although she never ate it, the guests seemed to love it.



 I tried to copy the detailing faithfully, and think I managed it quite well. I am still very much a novice at this, so was quite proud of myself.



I dusted the cake all over with some luster dust, just for a little sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment