Tuesday 16 June 2009

First Fondant Cake


This cake was my first attempt at fondant icing, toppers and cutouts. I know that fondant is supposed to be called sugarpaste, but most people I talk to (apart from professional cake makers) call it fondant, so I will go with that.

I made this cake for my friends daughters 18th birthday. I tinted the batter pink, white, and violet, and when it was cut, it was incredibly pretty. She didn't know I had done it for her, so she was so excited to see it when I turned with it, as she thought she wasn't getting one, and I have to say, I got such a thrill from her being so pleased about it.

Making the toppers was quite easy, I used gum paste for these, and using my set of cutters, cut out the shapes I wanted, then put them onto the wires and left them, and they dried incredibly hard, so they can be kept as a souveneir.

No comments:

Post a Comment